What Is The Service Protection Plan?
February 10, 2020
February 10, 2020
Have you found yourself wondering what the service protection plan is? We put together this post to help you better understand what it does and doesn’t do.
The service protection covers dispatch charges which may apply if you need a Service Call.
If you subscribe to the Service Protection Plan, you pay a monthly fee and receive protection for the cost of $9.95 per month.
Note: charges may apply for service appointments if you refuse to go through troubleshooting procedures and demand a dispatch.
If the work is not covered under the Service Protection Plan you may: (1) make the repair yourself; (2) hire an outside contractor at your cost; or (3) or if it is work that we perform, have us perform the work at our standard billing rate.
Service Protection Plan Covers:
- Service Calls: that have been diagnosed by the technical support agents, the recommendation is to dispatch a field technician to adjust or replace equipment.
- Repair or replacement of Equipment Rented to you by Valnet 
Service Protection Plan does not cover:
- In-Home Wiring;
- Repair of electrical wiring;
- Installations of new Internet outlets, TV outlets, or optional moves or reconfigurations of existing Internet, TV outlets;
- Replacement of wiring destroyed by fire, natural disaster, vandalism, gross negligence or deliberate damage;
- Repair or replacement of Customer Equipment.
“Service Call” means any dispatch by Valnet staff to your location in order to perform any diagnostics, troubleshooting, or repair to your Internet Access Service. Normal billing for a service call is $99.95.
“Equipment Rented to you by Valnet” means any equipment that is provided to you by Valnet and is either included in your service package or separately charged.
“In-Home Wiring” means wiring you own or control.
“Customer Equipment” means equipment or components owned or provided by you including, but not limited to, TVs; third party set-top boxes; modems; wireless gateways; streaming devices or media players; computers; home audio equipment; faxing equipment, scanners or printers; and telephones. In general, this means anything which is not Equipment Rented to you by Valnet.
 Equipment Rented to you by Valnet is covered under the Equipment Rental Agreement.
We hope you found this helpful, but if you still have questions, feel free to send us an email or call 888.332.1616.